What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
In simplest terms, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your site so that it is more visible to people looking for products or services related to your business in search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. It is more likely you will attract new customers and retain existing ones if your pages are better visible in search engines.
How Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Works
In search engines like Google and Bing, bots crawl the web, going from site to site and collecting information about each page, storing it in an index. Imagine the index as a giant library where a librarian can pull up a book (or a web page) that will lead you directly to the information you need at that time.
The next step is to analyze the indexing process which takes into account hundreds of ranking factors and signals to decide which pages to display in the search results for a given query.
Three Pillers of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Understanding how search engine optimization is evolving is an integral part of digital marketing, and it keeps you on top of your game as a digital marketer.
The key principles of SEO do not change often, but they continually evolve as a discipline. The three core elements, or pillars, of SEO that you need to know and act on regularly, are as follows:
- Technical Optimization: Technical Optimization is the process of carrying out activities on your website that improve your search engine rankings but are not related to content. It is done on a back-end basis.
- On-Page Optimization: On-Page Optimization refers to the process of making sure the content on your site is relevant and provides a good user experience. This includes targeting the right keywords within the content.
- Off-Page Optimization: Off-Page Optimization is the process of improving your site’s search engine rankings by focusing on activities outside of the site. Backlinks are largely responsible for this, as they help to establish the site’s reputation.
The difference between organic search and paid search
The main difference between organic and paid search is cost.
Paid search focuses on paid rankings, while organic search concentrates on unpaid positions in search results. In organic search, companies utilize SEO to improve their ranking or visibility in search results. Compared to organic search, paid search allows users to buy a prominent spot in search results.
Benefits of SEO for your business in Kerala
- Increasing website traffic through organic visibility is a major benefit of SEO. SEO is highly targeted and customer-focused. With an effective SEO strategy, your web pages will be delivered to a relevant audience via relevant search queries.
- Since the user is already searching for what you have to offer, organic visibility drives high-quality traffic to your website without trying to entice or persuade the user.
- An important consideration when evaluating digital marketing channels is the return on investment (ROI). It may take time for SEO results to show, but a high-quality strategy eventually delivers impressive results.
- Getting on the first page of Google SERP boosts credibility with potential clients. A website’s ranking is determined by dozens of on-page and off-page factors, such as created content, website speed, and mobile usability. Users expect Google to deliver relevant, valuable content first, even if most consumers don’t consider these signals.
- Search engine optimization doesn’t end with working hours. Unlike paid advertising, content does not disappear after a budget runs out. Your website is promoted 24/7 by SEO rankings.
- The use of SEO is not limited to companies that have a single audience in mind. Companies who target multiple audiences, perhaps with the same service, can equally benefit from Search Engine Optimization.
SEO Expert In Kerala
If your business is based in Kerala, and you are looking for an SEO expert in Kerala, you can consider me as an option!